Skip to main content
  • you can download the University of Utah's Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Rate Agreement from the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) Quick Reference site?

  • Erin compiled this downloadable list of useful Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) acronyms that you may find helpful to traverse the federal grant process?

  • National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides you a comprehensive list of extramural grant and cooperative agreement activity codes (e.g., R01, U01) to help you differentiate the wide variety of research-related programs they support?

  • you can decipher NIH/AHRQ grant numbers using these instructions?

  • you can copy and paste up to 15,000 characters from your abstract or other scientific text into the NIH Matchmaker and it will return lists of similar projects from NIH RePORTER to assist you in locating appropriate program officials; institutes or centers funding your research; review panels; and more?

  • Erin loves the University's OSP Quick Reference site as it provides the University of Utah's identification codes, authorized official details, benefit rates, and other information one would need to submit an application correctly?

  • you can search for all funded studies or projects supported by the Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) here?

  • NIH has three different types of Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) by clinical trial availability, and that if your submitted application does not align with the FOA type, NIH can withdraw your application?

  • there is a pretty cool NIH website that provides case studies designed to help you identify whether NIH would consider your study to be a clinical trial?



VPCAT Research Manager

Erin Wachs