What Is the Application Deadline?
The University Admissions office's deadline is April 1 to apply for fall. Applications will be accepted after this date, however, a late fee will be assessed for all applications. Hardship requests for a fee reduction can be submitted to MED_healthprofessions@hsc.utah.edu. We are currently accepting applications through July 1, 2024.
Please be aware that the Office of Admissions may take several weeks to process your admission paperwork after your file is complete. Generally, file evaluation requires 1-2 weeks and an additional week for admit referrals.
How Much Will It Cost?
The tuition that you will be charged will depend on:
- Residency in the state of Utah
- Number of credits taken per semester
- Eligibility for employee tuition reduction
- Click here for more information.
- Application for employee tuition reduction must be submitted prior to the first day of the semester. You may apply for employee tuition reduction through UBenefits if you are an eligible employee. You must submit a new application for each semester.
- According to the Graduate Medical Education website, residents and fellows are eligible for the 50% employee tuition reduction after six months of employment. Tuition reduction does not apply to special fees, program fees, lab fees, miscellaneous fees, student insurance, textbook or study abroad charges.
- WRGP offers discounted tuition for Masters and Ph.D. from WICHE member states enabling them to study outside their home state. Learn more here.
Example: As per the information provided on the tuition website, a Utah resident enrolled in our program and taking 6 credits in a single semester will incur a charge of $5,048.60, inclusive of both tuition and fees, for the 2023-2024 academic year. Therefore, for a complete Master of Science program, which requires a minimum of 30 credits (at a rate of 6 credits per semester for 5 semesters), the estimated total cost would be approximately $25,243.
Tuition rates are subject to change.