A room for nursing mothers is private space a nursing mother can use to express milk. This space is shielded from view and free from intrusion of others. Nursing mother’s rooms are functional private spaces with a place to sit and access to an electrical outlet.
Check the campus map features to see if your building has a lactation space.
Diaper Changing Areas
Baby changing stations are available throughout the University for your convenience. These changing stations are typically mounted on a vertical wall, or on a horizontal surface such as a counter-top. A typical changing station has a changing platform to be folded down to use and a restraining harness to secure the baby for safety.
Please refer to the Center for Child Care and Family Resources for locations and more details.
Child Care Facilities
University of Utah faculty, staff, and students have access to multiple child care services on and surrounding campus. Please check the following links for availability, waitlists, registration and operation changes related to COVID-19. For more information, please visit pulse.utah.edu.
- Child and Family Development Center
- Center for Child Care and Family Resources
- Continuing Education - University of Utah
- Bright Horizons (U of U Health Benefit | Research Park | Nanny Services | Sittercity)
- IJ & Jeanne Wagner Jewish Community Center
- VA First Friends
- First Baptist Child Development Center
- St. John's Community Child Development Center
- C Street Child Development
- Preschools & Day Care in SLC Area (saltlakecity.kidsoutandabout.com)
- Day Care Centers (KSL Public Radio Search)
- Care.com (Day Care Centers | In-home Child Care)
- Home School in SLC (thehomeschoolmom.com)