7 Domains of Women’s Health—Multidisciplinary Considerations of Women’s Health in the 21st Century (2016)
In 7 Domains of Women’s Health, editors Frost and Digre have brought together a unique set of skillful, insightful, critically-thinking clinicians, educators, and scientists to guide exploration into the essential domains of health and the broad impact they have for all people.
This text embodies multiple perspectives and yields a multi-dimensional character to each chapter. Deeply embedded in scientific understanding, the authors effectively connect the domains and provide the reader with practical action points as well as additional readings, areas for future investigation, and topics for reflection.
7 Domains of Women’s Health includes:
- An accompanying website to provide a deeper understanding beyond the textbook,
- Videos to allow engagement with the different functions of a variety of domains within the field,
- and action points, additional readings, topics for reflection, and more.
Diabetes: Focus on Women (2009)
From sexual dysfunction to oncological risks, this one-of-a-kind book explores the unique issues of diabetes in women. This book provides a practical approach for health care providers who care for women with diabetes.
- case-based vignettes told by diabetes and women’s health experts,
- practical pearls and pitfalls at the end of each chapter,
- evidence-based algorithms for glucose, lipid, and blood pressure management,
- complementary and alternative medicine for diabetes,
- and education resources and websites for patient education.
Utah’s Health: An Annual Review—Special Supplement: Women’s Health in Utah (2007)
This special supplement speaks to the interest in and dedication to women’s health that can be found within our state.
The editorial board and contributors represent an interdisciplinary group of students, faculty, and researchers from the University of Utah, personnel from the Utah Department of Health, and interested advocates for women’s health.
A 10-year update is planned for 2017.
Frost, C.J., Murphy, P.A., Shaw, J.M., Jones, K.P., Varner, M., Mihalopoulos, N., Lake, E., Patrick, S., Johnston, L., & Digre, K.B. (2014). Reframing the View of Women’s Health in the United States: Ideas from a Multidisciplinary National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health Demonstration Project. Clinics Mother Child Health 11: 156. doi: 10.4172/2090-7214.1000156