Application Submission Dates
The NAFCAS application deadline is Friday, September 29th, 2023.
June-September: Applications accepted (deadline September 29th, 2023)
June/July: Start of administrative fellowship
Candidates should be currently enrolled in or have recently completed a MHA/MBA/MHSA/MPH/MPA accredited graduate program and should exhibit the following qualities:
- Ability to manage multiple successful projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess self-motivation, teamwork skill, and emotional intelligence
- Interest in management and operations of academic medical centers
Required Application Materials
Applicants should prepare the following application materials. Materials should be submitted to the online application portal through NAFCAS.
- Resume and cover letter
- Personal statement of interest in pursuing an administrative fellowship with U of U Medical Group (one page limit)
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a current or past employer)
- Official graduate school transcript from an accredited program
If you have any questions about the fellowship and/or the application process please contact our current fellow, Rachel Abney.
A selection committee representing health care leaders from across U of U Health reviews all fellowship applications. Once applications are reviewed, the selection committee selects a number of applicants for phone interviews. Of those candidates, the most qualified will be invited for on-site interviews to meet with U of U Health's executive leadership team.
The final selection and offer will be extended after the on-site interview and no later than early November. One individual is selected as the 2024-2045 U of U Medical Group administrative fellow.