2022–2023 Administrative Fellowship
University of Utah Medical Group is offering a one year administrative fellowship that will begin in early summer 2022. This fellowship is designed to cultivate leaders in the field of academic health care by fostering close working relationships between our fellows and senior executives while exposing them to a diverse array of operational activities.
The program’s preceptor is Dayle Benson, chief of staff for clinical affairs and executive director of University of Utah Medical Group. With Dayle's guidance, the administrative fellow will participate in a wide array of projects and rotations during their fellowship. The projects and rotations are at the fellow's preference and the preceptor’s discretion.
Areas of Opportunity
The fellowship at the University of Utah Health is tailored to the interests of the candidate selected. Areas of opportunity for project work include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning
- IT & data analytics
- Quality improvement
- Population health
- New business development
- Academic and community physician management
- Ambulatory services
- Tele-health strategies
- Contracting & payer relations
- Health insurance operations
Current fellows Cassandra Taft, MBA, MHA, and Sofia Loucao, MHA, will present on the fellowships offered by U of U Health, followed by a Q&A session.
- Monday, August 30, 2021, 4-5 PM MST: Register here.
- Thursday, September 23, 2021, 12-1 PM MST: Register here.
Office Hours for Prospective Applicants
Cassandra and Sofia are available to answer prospective applicants' questions.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 2-3 PM MST
- Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 4-5 PM MST
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 4-5 PM MST
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 4-5PM MST
All sessions: Register here.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.