Huntsman Cancer Institute Education & Training
Huntsman Alliance for Postdocs
Join the Huntsman Alliance for Postdocs (HAP). This peer group aims to enhance the postdoctoral experience at HCI by organizing local networking and professional development opportunities.
As a hub for postdoc interactions in HCI/oncological sciences, we also aim to support and provide an active conduit to the broader postdoc community at the University of Utah.
In addition to the chance to meet and get to know fellow postdocs, our activities include the following:
- Research talks
- Writing club for those interested in feedback on grants and manuscripts
- Opportunities to hear from alumni, seminar speakers, and faculty on a variety of topics (you can help set the agenda)
Current Core HAP Organizing Committee
Let our organizing committee know if you have questions or suggestions:
- Candice Wike (Cairns Lab) – general inquiries
- Daphne Pringle (McMahon Lab) – research in progress
- Neelam Bhardwaj (Atanackovic Lab) – career development
- Ed Grow (Cairns Lab) – writing
Current meeting schedule is the 2nd Thursday of every month from 3-4pm, HCI Research South-4C (Meeting schedule is subject to change. Please see our Outlook calendar).
HCI Post-doc Tips
- Ask Candice Wike (Candice.Wike@hci.utah.edu) to add you to the HCI postdoc list-serve:
- This list can be used to send info out to fellow postdocs, including requests for reagents and upcoming activities of interest. Please note activities are also entered on the calendar.
- Once you are on the postdoc list-serve, you can view the HCI postdoc calendar in Outlook
- Other list-serves of interest:
- As a University postdoc, you can become a member of National Postdoc Association for free: use your hci.utah.edu account and check “affiliate” status
- If you receive a fellowship, be aware that the auto payments for parking may change