The Digital Health Initiative (DHI) aims to transform health and health care for patients, their families, and their health care teams by cultivating a thriving research community of digital healthcare pioneers. DHI leverages world-renowned expertise from the GApp Lab and ReImagine EHR in playful engagement, standards-based electronic health record interoperability, and participatory design to catalyze research in engaging digital health innovations.
GOALS & KEY ACTIVITIES
- Recruit faculty in synergistic areas
- Validate technology in real-world clinical environments
- Provide seed funding to pilot projects for large grant proposals
- Create a user-centered design lab
- Advance participatory design methods
- Equip faculty, clinicians, students, and staff with expertise to explore commercialization opportunities