Programs that Support Postdocs
Training at the postdoctoral level is an exciting and challenging time when you are carrying out high quality science while learning to become an independent researcher and to lead a research program. At the University of Utah, we have programs to support you during your time here and prepare you for the next phase of your career.
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The mission of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is to enhance, support, and promote postdoctoral training at the university.
- To administer, monitor, and support the University of Utah postdoctoral scholars
- To serve as the central resource office for postdoctoral issues
- To provide career services, career counseling, and professional development programs for postdocs
- To develop a sense of community for all University of Utah postdocs into the larger University community
- To serve as a resource for principal investigators and faculty
Utah Postdoctoral Association
The Utah Postdoctoral Association (UPDA) is an independent advocacy organization started by, run by, and operated for the postdocs at the University of Utah. As a postdoc here, you are automatically a member of the UPDA. We work closely with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of Utah, which is an institutional member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA).
This membership entitles all postdocs at the University of Utah access to NPA resources. Visit the National Postdoctoral Association website to create an account and access these resources.