Researchers in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Utah are interested in evaluating the relationship between pain, biobehavioral traits, and chronic pain symptoms. The purpose of this research project is to evaluate how biobehavioral factors interact with pain.
Principal Investigator: Daniel.Odell@hsc.utah.edu
For more information about whether you qualify to participate in this trial, please contact the study coordinator(s) listed at the below.
Name: Reiko Mitsunaga, RN
Phone: (801) 585-7695
Subjects must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible to enroll in the study.
- Able to understand fully and comply with all protocol requirements.
- Chronic pain participants between 18-75 years of age that have been diagnosed with chronic musculosketal pain and receiving treatment at the Pain Management Center. (closed to new enrollment)
- Healthy participant between 35 – 75 years of age - healthy with no acute or chronic pain issues.
Subjects may not enroll in the study if any of the following conditions apply:
- Do you have any physical, dermatological (skin) or neurological (nerve) conditions on your hands, arm and feet that would be considered by your health care provider contraindicated (not advised) to perform thermal (temperature) pain testing in these area.
- For females: Currently pregnant or possible pregnant at the time of testing.