DMRC Graduate Student Rising Stars Symposium
Presented by the University of Utah Diabetes & Metabolism Research Center, and jointly hosted by the Departments of Neurobiology and Biochemistry.
Workshop and Symposium Details
Selected applicants will receive a speaking opportunity to present at a 2-day symposium, and participation in science communication (sci-comm) workshops.
- Sci-Comm Workshop: April (virtual) and May 16-17 (in-pereson) 2022
- Small group modules designed to enhance science communication; networking opportunities; and follow-up meetings with faculty mentors.
- Invited Lecture Symposium: May 16-17, 2022
- Hosted at the University of Utah, pending COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- Completed 3+ years of doctoral training in related program
- Demonstrate strong scientific merit and commitment towards increasing diversity in science
Send your application materials to Sara.Salmon@hsc.utah.edu by January 15, 2022 (extended deadline). Application materials include:
- Research statement
- Diversity statement
- Two reference letters