Fellows work on device development projects under a ISO 13485 certified Quality Management System, preparing them for the rigors of working in the medical device industry.
Provide design and development consultation as well as prototyping services to students, staff, faculty, and community partners of the UofU in coordination with the Center for Medical Innovation.
- Use lab equipment to perform listed services.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on lab equipment.
- 15-20 hours Fall and Spring Semester, Full-Time (up to 40 hours) in the summer.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, exhibit strong project management skills, and are comfortable answering questions and providing feedback on various projects. Additional requirements:
- Engineering student (either graduate or undergraduate) with advanced familiarity operating basic fabrication equipment, including drills, band saws, and laser cutters.
- Basic solid-modeling skills preferred; previous experience with CNC machining and additive manufacturing equipment a bonus
- Enjoys creating and innovating
To learn more about how to get involved with our fellowship program, please contact us.