In collaboration with ARUP Laboratories, the Molecular Diagnostics section of the BMP shared resource offers services on the BioRad QX200™ AutoDG™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System.
The QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System provides absolute quantification of target DNA or RNA molecules for EvaGreen and probe-based Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR™) applications.
Benefits of the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Precise and sensitive digital PCR solution for a wide variety of applications
- Flexible digital PCR chemistry—optimized for TaqMan Hydrolysis Probe and EvaGreen Assays
- Flexible assay setup—scalable for high sensitivity or high throughput
- Droplet partitioning by the QX200 Droplet Digital technology to reduce bias from amplification efficiency and PCR inhibitors
- Convenient assay design—standard curves are not required
The associated Automated Droplet Generator simplifies the ddPCR workflow, making digital PCR both scalable and practical and eliminating user-to-user variability.
Benefits of the Automated Droplet Generator
- Generates droplets for up to 96 ddPCR reactions
- Nanoliter droplet partitioning—reduces bias from amplification efficiency differences and PCR inhibitors
- HEPA-filtered enclosure to reduce potential contamination and allow the system to be placed in any lab environment
Applications of the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Cancer biomarker studies and copy number variation
- Pathogen detection
- Next generation sequencing library quantification
- Gene expression analysis
- Environmental monitoring
- Food testing
The system works with most two-color (HEX and FAM) TaqMan real-time PCR assays. EvaGreen can also be used as an alternative for dye-based ddPCR detection, gene expression analysis, or genotyping studies. The Molecular Diagnostics section has extensive experience designing and optimizing probe-based assays. Please contact the core to discuss further.