Utah Birth Certificates
Information from Utah birth certificates is available for two sets of data: 1915 to 1921 and 1930s to the present.
Utah Fetal Death Certificates
A Fetal death record is a combination of selected information from a Birth and Death Certificate.
Utah Death Certificates
Information from Utah death certificates is available from 1904 to 2020.
- 1904 - 1956: Underlying, associated and contributing causes of death have been coded by UPDB staff to ICD Revision 10, using the 2000 Medical Data System and supplemented by hand coding. There may be multiple causes of death as recorded on the death certificate.
- 1957 - 1995: The Utah Department of Health provided only the underlying cause of death. However, they began adding a secondary cause of death in 1980 for specific areas of interest, such as hypertension, diabetes, neoplasm, etc.
- 1996 - 2020: The Utah Department of Health changed their coding system and now provides multiple (underlying, associated and contributing) causes of death.
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes are alphanumeric designations given to every diagnosis and cause of death. This coding system has changed over time and the different versions are held in UPDB as follows:
- Industry and occupation of the deceased are classified using 1980 and 1990 census codes.
Utah Marriage and Divorce Records
- UPDB receives marriage and divorce information including marriage dates and divorce dates from 1978 to 2010.
- The Utah Department of Health stopped collecting information statewide after 2010.