Frequently Asked Questions
Who can request collaboration from the CB Shared Resource?
Researchers doing cancer-related research at the University of Utah can request collaboration. We give priority to HCI investigators.
How much time do I need to allow?
CB members need time to work effectively with you. Here are the lead times we need for various types of projects. More complex projects may require more time.
- New grant application - 2-3 months
- IRB submission or study design for an internally funded study – 4-6 weeks
- Data analysis for abstract or internal purposes – 4-6 weeks
- Data analysis for manuscript – 6-8 weeks
How do I submit a request for collaboration with the CB Shared Resource?
Use this request form. Be sure to indicate that this is a cancer-related project. You can request a specific CB staff member in the form.
What do I need for the initial consultation?
Send the following information to your consultant before your first meeting. You can also bring it with you to the first meeting.
- Any information, including preliminary data, to explain your project and the science that motivates it
- Specific research aims where applicable
- Supporting documentation or reference publications