American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant (ACS-IRG)
The Institutional Research Grant (IRG) is awarded by the American Cancer Society and distributed by Huntsman Cancer Institute's Office of Cancer Training & Career Enhancement. It offers opportunities to faculty who have yet to secure significant funding. Each award cycle, four selected applicants will receive $30,000.
- Junior faculty members who are within the first six years of their appointment and who have not successfully earned a national funded grant.
- The project must be cancer focused, but can be from a broad set of disciplines including basic science, translational research, and population science.
- Huntsman Cancer Institute membership or affiliation is not a requirement.
- Use the NIH standard application form.
- The local IRG review committee will evaluate for cancer relevance, investigator potential, feasibility of the experimental plan, and likelihood of leveraging the IRG award for extramural funding.
- Available in spring and due in 3-4 months.
- Funding will be provided at the beginning of the year.