Center for Community Nutrition
The University of Utah Center for Community Nutrition is a team dedicated to advancing preventive health through nutrition education and outreach. Our vision is to be a leading center that creates and evaluates novel and innovative ways to overcome the barriers to healthful eating. We are committed to sharing knowledge through community outreach using nutrition and health education to improve our population’s health.
- Crush Diabetes: Encourages healthy habits in middle school students and their families.
- Culinary Medicine: An academic course that teaches students the basics of
- Team Thrive: An innovative approach to nutrition education for high school students. Under the guidance of UUCCN, a student leadership team will develop and implement curriculum and programs to address local needs in a positive and engaging way.
- Food, Movement, & U: Teaches healthy eating habits to families in partnering homeless and transitional housing shelters.
- Community Outreach: Provides tailored educational outreach to meet the needs of various organizations, including free nutrition consultations, culinary workshops, and health fair services.