Opening Encrypted Email Help
Contact Cisco support with any questions at:
ENCRYPTED EMAIL HELP
What is a Registered Envelope?
Registered Envelope means that the sender has used encryption to protect sensitive email messages. This means that you can send and receive them safely across the internet.
When will I receive a Registered Envelope message?
When you are receiving an email that contains sensitive or restricted information.
Where is the content of the secured email I am receiving?
It is attached to the Registered Envelope and can only be accessed by creating a user name and password.
How do I create a password?
- Click on the attachment in the e-mail.
- Click on Register
- Enter your first name
- Enter your last name
- Create a Password
- Confirm your password
- Click Register
- You will then receive a second email in your inbox from CRES
- Open the email and click on Click here to activate this account
- You will receive a confirmation page stating that your email address has been confirmed
- Go back to your inbox and select the original message that was sent
- Click on the attachment requesting your password
- Enter the password you just created
What if I forget my Password?
- Open the email and click on the attachment
- Click on Open
- Click Forgot Password
- You will receive a second email with a link to reset your password
- Click on the link
- Answer the 3 security questions
- Create a new password
- You will see a confirmation page stating the password has been changed
- Go back to the original email containing the secure message
- Enter your new password
- Click open
Does my password expire?
Your password will expire after 30 days. If you receive another Registered Envelope, you will be prompted to create a new password. Follow the steps above for Forgot Password.
Can I open a Registered Envelope on a mobile device?
You can use a mobile device to open a Registered Envelope by using the following steps:
- Click on the attachment in the Registered Envelope email
- At the bottom of the message click on the device type (iOS or Android)
- You will be redirected to download the Cisco Business Class Email application from Google Play or iTunes
- Install the application on your device
- Open the application Cisco Business Email
- Go back to the original email message
- Touch and hold the attachment in the email
- Select Open in Cisco BCE
- You will then be prompted to register to create a password, or enter a password you have already created.
What if I don’t want to use this process?
University of Utah Health is obligated by law to encrypt any communication that contains sensitive or restricted data.
If you would like to receive information regarding your healthcare electronically, but do not want to use the Registered Envelope (encrypted email) service, please speak with your provider about signing up for MyChart. More information about MyChart can be found at: