The Neuroscience Initiative (NSI) vision is to deepen our understanding of function and disorders of the nervous system and improve patient care through innovation and integration of basic, translational, and clinical neuroscience research efforts.
The Neuroscience Initiative has the following goals:
- Create a pipeline of innovation in neuroscience research
- Attract, develop, and retain the brightest neuroscience faculty
- Increase competitiveness of faculty and programs for extramural funding and programmatic support
- Build an impactful and sustainable administrative structure to integrate and unify the neuroscience community campus-wide
Supporting Neuroscience-based Collaborations
A central focus of the Neuroscience Initiative is to build an integrated academic environment which will develop and support neuroscience-based collaborations across the U.
- Collaborative Pilot Seed Grants
- Grants Development - Proposal Facilitation
- Building Neuroscience Research Focus Groups
- Partnership on Faculty Recruitment
- Philanthropic Fund Raising - Neuroscience & Neurological Disorders
- Symposia, Seminars & Workshops
- Public Outreach Programs
- Integrated Space
- Communication Platforms
- Administrative Support
Supporting Neuroscience Training
The Neuroscience Initiative strongly supports graduate and postdoctoral training. The University of Utah has a robust Interdepartmental Neuroscience PhD program that offers rigorous training through a combination of coursework, research training, mentoring, and professional development.