The University of Utah Immunology, Inflammation and Infectious Disease (3i) Initiative is deepening our understanding of previously unappreciated intersections between the three “I”s, changing how we think about, and treat, disease. The Initiative unifies and enhances
This Initiative provides a strong community for a
- immune system physiology,
- immune dysregulation,
- infectious disease, and
- other types of immune-mediated disease.
You can view this flyer about the 3i's work.
With the financial support of the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences, the School of Medicine and others, the primary activities of the 3i Initiative are:
- an annual symposium with both internal and external speakers as well as a judged poster session;
- a regular seminar series;
- collaborative pilot grants to encourage research in new and innovative direction; and
- recruitment of both junior and senior faculty with 3i-related research programs.
- administrative support for multi-PI grant applications
- community and philanthropic engagement and outreach