The High Throughput Genomics Core Facility provides services for Illumina sequencing, Affymetrix Microarrays, Agilent Microarrays and assessment of sample quality. Guidelines for sample submission are provided below:
- Create a GNomEx user account: The High Throughput Genomics Core Facility uses a web-based ordering system named GNomEx. Functionality of this software includes management of client and lab group information, ability for researchers to electronically submit and annotate experiment requests, workflow tracking of the experimental process, organization and distribution of experiment results, and electronic invoicing and billing capabilities. A GNomEx account can be obtained by completing the requested information on the following webpage:
- Link your GNomEx User Account to a Lab Group: Affiliation with a registered lab group can be requested while setting up a new GNomEx account. If your lab group is not yet listed in GNomEx, please provide contact information (name, address, phone and e-mail) for the Principal Investigator and for the Billing Coordinator.
- Create a Billing Account: Billing for services that have been completed at the High Throughput Genomics Core Facility is performed once a month. Prior to submitting an experiment request, an active billing account must be documented in GNomEx.
- Submit an Experiment Order in GNomEx: A researcher with an active GNomEx account is able to submit experiments to the core facility by Experiment orders are submitted to the core facility by clicking on the Experiment tab in GNomEx and then selecting “New Experiment Order”. GNomEx will provide you with an interface that allows you to describe your samples and the experiment. At the end of the submission process, GNomEx will provide a printable page that assigns database ID numbers to each sample that you will be submitting. Please inscribe database ID numbers on the lids of 1.5 ml microfuge tubes and inscribe the sample name on the side of the tube. Sample should be delivered to the core facility along with a copy of the GNomEx printout.
- Sample Drop off: After samples have been registered in GNomEx, University of Utah investigators can deliver the samples to the High Throughput Genomics Core Facility which is located in the Huntsman Cancer Institute, Room 3350.
- Shipping Address for External Clients: After registering samples in GNomEx, samples can be delivered to the core facility by FedEx or UPS using the following shipping address:
Brian Dalley, Ph.D.
High Throughput Genomics Core Facility
Huntsman Cancer Institute Room 3350
2000 Circle of Hope
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-585-7192 (office)801-581-6346 (lab)