Travel to Ghana
IMPORTANT Information on traveling to Ghana:
- US Citizens and travelers from other countries to Ghana are advised to apply in advance for a VISA, there is NO option for Visa upon Arrival for US Citizens.
- Passports must be valid 6 months after dates of travel.
- All Travelers to Ghana MUST demonstrate Yellow Fever Vaccination and must present their immunization record upon arrival.
- For a recommended packing list, https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/ghana/traveler/packing-list
Airport – Hotel transportItransport - www.itransportgh.com
Standard rate for a sedan from the airport to Kpong is $75 dollars. Sedans can take up to three passengers and can share to pay the fare. For larger groups they can provide bigger vehicles at negotiable rates. Phone numbers: +233 0200120358/+233 0200232222/ +233 0543320219. All numbers are also reachable through WhatsApp. Travelers can call any of the numbers and ask for a vehicle for one, two, three passengers or whatever is suitable. They need 48 hour notice.
Damoah Manu - +233 (0)244331838. Can be contacted anytime around the clock and short notice for airport pickup.
Samuel Doe - $70 for a small car and $120 for an SUV. Phone: 0247536427 and 0205721305.
Morning and evening shuttles service will be available daily to/from these hotels and the conference venue, July 8-10. Guests should register their need for a complimentary shuttle service operated by the conference organizers, by contacting to email@example.com
Hotel Booking Information:
The following hotels are nearest to the conference venue and with room availability over the dates of the conference.
Afrikiko Riverfront Resort (15.2km from conference venue)
Akosombo Continental Hotel (11.6km from conference venue)
- Address: Akosombo-Accra Highway, Akosombo, Ghana
- Phone: +233 34 302 0091
Volta Hotel (35.6 km from conference venue)
The Royal Senchi Hotel (9.3km from conference venue)
- Address: Senchi Ferry Road, Akosombo, Ghana
- Phone: +233 30 340 9180
- Shuttle from airport - $114USD for small car; $228USD for mini-bus
- Akosombo is 48 mi from Kotoka Airport (Accra, Ghana).
- Arrival Arirport: Kotoka Airport (Accra, Ghana)
- Right now, 35 airlines operate out of Kotoka Airport.
- Kotoka Airport offers nonstop flights to 29 cities.
- Every week, at least 75 domestic flights and 341 international flights depart from Kotoka Airport.
Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Location of conference:
- Ensign College of Public Health; Kpong, Ghana
For any advance travel/arrival questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you! Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Extreme Affordability: West Africa Conference!