Why Survey Patients?
University of Utah Health sends surveys to our patients a few days following your visit. We may also send mailed correspondence if you spent time in the hospital. These surveys are to get a measure of your experience as a patient and to help us improve.
Patients do not receive any incentives or benefits from completing a patient experience survey.
U of U Health is the only academic medical center in the state of Utah and the Mountain West. We provide patient care for the people of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, western Colorado, and much of Nevada. We are consistently ranked in the top 10 for quality in the nation among academic medical centers and we provide level 1 trauma care.
Not only do we want to provide our patients with the highest level of patient care, but we are also committed to providing an exceptional experience to every patient, every time. Because of our commitment, we send surveys after most patient appointments, procedures, and stays so we can learn how to improve.
How We Use the Information You Provide
- Improvement: Survey responses and comments are used to help guide our efforts to improve our processes, care, and explanations.
- Online reviews: In an effort to help patients connect with a provider that fits their needs, we post comments written in the care provider section of our survey. We post both positive and negative comments to the providers web profile with the following exceptions:
- Names and dates are edited to ensure patient privacy
- Any comment that reveals a patient’s protected health information and risks exposing their identity
- Offensive, slanderous, libelous, or profane language
- Comments about other providers, departments, or instances of care
- Comments that directly question the provider’s medical training or education
- Comments regarding a provider’s availability to see patients
- Recognize and Coach: We review our survey responses and comments to learn how we can improve and also use the feedback as a recognition opportunity for our faculty and staff.
Provider Profiles without Patient Ratings & Comments
We require a minimum of 30 patient surveys per provider before we post a provider's rating. While other review sites may offer small numbers of provider reviews, at University of Utah Health we believe more review data provides an accurate representation of the provider's practice.