iCorps Preparation for November 13 Workshop: Understanding Customer Needs
Prepare and bring with you statements of:
- A brief description of your product/technology’s Core Benefit Proposition or Value Proposition:
- What primary problem does your product/technology solve? (Note the use of the singular case. Focus on the core problem only.)
- How your product/technology solves that problem:
- What technology(ies) or features provide the solution.
- Objective assessment of the advantages AND disadvantages of your solution.
- Customer target segment identification: Who is/are the primary beneficiary(ies) of having this problem solved? In the medical innovation field, innovators may need to identify segments along multiple dimensions:
- Individual-level: Patient, type of doctor
- Organization: Hospital, clinic, insurer, paying organization
- Reasons to believe that our product/technology will deliver a better solution that than the competitor’s current solution(s).